Inside: Here are over one hundred experience gifts for tweens. Go clutter-free this year and get the tween in your life an experience they’ll never forget!
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what gifts you want to give your tweens. This can be a daunting task. After all, they are in that stage between being kids and teenagers so gift ideas for them can sometimes be hard to come by!
Over the years we’ve learned that the newness of material items often wears out fast. Then we were left with clutter, guilt (about getting rid of it), and the credit card bill.
We’ve since switched to focusing on more experience gifts and other clutter-free alternatives. That isn’t to say we never give any material items, but we are very selective with them.
The memories made from experiences last longer and have had a bigger impact on our family. While many of these options are not inexpensive, you can often find deals and could consider combining gifts with other family members.
This list of 100+ experience gifts for tweens can be adapted for any occasion and are great for tween boys and girls. Gifts include ideas like a spa day, geocaching, white water rafting, rock climbing lessons, and much more!
What are Experience Gifts?
Experience gifts have gained popularity in recent years. Younger generations are favoring experiences over possessions, creating memories and moments that last a lifetime.
An experience gift is just that, an experienced adventure, class, opportunity, event, and the list goes on. Most experience gifts won’t end up with something tangible at the end, although some will naturally, such as a pottery class project or a photo shoot.
The biggest point is that most, if not all, involve family time. You can design your tween’s experience gift to be one-on-one with a parent, sibling, friend, or the whole family. Better yet, get together with a family friend and have co-experience gift adventures with their tweens too.
Tween experience gifts will fill your hearts and home with memories for a lifetime, not your closets and counters with more stuff!
100+ Experience Gifts For Tween Boys & Girls
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Please note that I only recommend products I use and love. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Tween experience gifts are a great way to create positive family experiences together. Whether you’re looking for something your tween can enjoy on their own, with friends, or as part of the whole family, here are over 100 experience gift ideas for tweens to get you started!
Vacation/Getaway Tween Experience Gift Ideas
- America the Beautiful – National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass
- Geocaching Outing Around Town or Vacation (how about Norway?)
- Camping Excursion With Family (or friends backyard party!)
- Tween Friendly Cruises! (Carnival, Disney, Royal)
- Weekend Road Trip (planned together through a national park!)
- “The Last Frontier” Alaska Trip by Disney
- Florida Cove Key Private Island Houseboat Vacation! (really? yes really!)
- Royalton Bavaro All-inclusive Resort, Punta Cana (great for tweens)
- Family Paddleboard Adventure at Tybee Island (near Savannah)
- Disney Family Vacation (cliche’ maybe, but oh so loved)
- Turkey Hill “Create Your Own” Ice Cream, Package, & Commercial
- Titanic Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Fishing Trip or Deep Sea Fishing
- Amtrak or European Rail Trip
- Plan a trip to a Comic-Con or other fan event
No matter your tween boy or girl’s interests or hobbies, you can find a way to incorporate that into a fun experience gift! It could be something they’ve tried before and enjoyed or something completely new.
- Sports Camps
- Soccer Bootcamp
- Basketball Skills Training Camp
- Swimming/Diving Camp
- Gymnastics Lesson
- Martial Arts Classes
- Cooking Classes (check out this online option!)
- Knife Care Classes (for the serious tween chef)
- Dance Classes
- Yoga Studio Session
- Sports Tween Experience Gift Ideas:
- Indoor Climbing Adventure
- Ziplining or TreeTop Adventure
- Skating/Ice Rink
- Batting Cages
- Cycling Tour
- Skiing/Snowboarding Trip
- Mountain Hiking
- Skateboard Park Membership
- Sporting Events
- Tickets to a favorite sport/game
- Meet & Greet with Sports Pro’s
- Go to a baseball game
- A collegiate game at alma mater
- Round of Golf with a pro
- Firearm Safety Classes/Target Practice
- Axe Throwing Lessons (sounds scary, I know)
- Knitting or Crocheting Classes
- Surfing Lessons
- Archery Classes
- Flying Lessons
Art’s Minded Tween Experience Gift Ideas
Have a tween who loves music and the arts? Here are a variety of experience gifts for tweens who enjoy those types of activities.
- Tickets To A Theatrical Performance/Play
- Painting or Art Class
- Ceramic Making/Pottery Wheel Experience
- Crafting Classes
- Symphony, Philharmonic, or Orchestra Event
- Concert Tickets
- Guitar/Music Lessons
- Attend a TV Taping
- Theater Camp
- Acting Classes
- Photography Classes
- Broadway Show
- Professional Headshots
- Singing Lessons
- Recording Studio Session
Science/Academically Focused Tween Experience Gifts
With the ever-changing global stage and new technologies developing almost daily, there’s plenty of reason for both you and your tween to be happy about experience gifts that stimulate their minds and their hearts.
- Astronaut Training Experience Center or
- Mars Base 1 at Kennedy Space Center
- Khan Academy Membership
- Participate On An Archeological Dig
- A Night at The Museum Event
- NASA Space Camp
- Go To An Observatory
- See The Northern Lights
- Science Center Excursions
- Computer IT Classes
- Coding and Game Development Courses ID Tech
Tween Experience Gifts for the Adventurer
You know you have a little daredevil in you as well. What better way to indulge one of your own bucket list wishes than gifting a fantastic experience to your tween?!
- Bungee Jumping
- Go-Kart Racing
- Sailing or Catamaran Ride
- Canoe or Kayaking
- Indoor Skydiving
- Create a scavenger hunt
- Rock Climbing
- Paintball Party/Laser Tag
- Escape Room
- Weekend Mountain Biking Trip
- White Water Rafting
- Scuba Diving
- Whale Watching Trip
- Airboat Swamp Tour
- Flight Simulator
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Helicopter Ride
- Off-Roading ATV
- Bull Riding School
“You and Me” Type Experience Gifts for Tween Girls
Have some “girl time” that will delight your tween with one of these experience gifts!
- Mother-Daughter Tea
- Dad and Daughter Date
- Spa Day:
- Hot Yoga
- Hair Styling/Blow Out
- Skin Care Session
- Fashion Show Tickets
“You and Me Type” Experience Gifts for Tween Boys
Knowing what your tween is interested in is key in selecting an experience gift for them. Here are some additional ideas for tween boys.
- Boy’s Night Out
- Mother and Son Date
- Watch a Horserace
- WWE Wrestling Match
- Monster Truck or NASCAR
- Attend a Rodeo
Just Around Town Tween Experience Gift for Girls & Boys
- Movie and Dinner Night
- Gift Card to Dave & Buster’s Arcade or local game room.
- Plan A City Tourist Tour- Be a tourist in your town for the weekend. Stay at a hotel and plan a trip together only of things you’ve never experienced together.
- Curious Chef Book-put together a notebook of 10 or more of your tween’s favorite or fun recipes and cook for the family.
- Budding Baker Book-same idea, only baking.
- Hello Fresh Subscription-for a tween cook with working parents. All the ingredients are portioned and easy to follow instructions.
- Pontoon Party-rent a pontoon boat for a tween party.
- Bonfire Bonanza- have a bonfire at a lake or beach pit (where allowed) with a weenie roast and s’mores.
- Mini-Golf Outing
- A Shopping Spree (at thrift and secondhand shops)
- Redecorate A Tween’s Room (and more importantly, de-clutter!)
- Create a Command Center or a crafting center together.
- Visit a water park or local amusement park.
- Attend a book reading signing by a favored author.
- Masterclass.com – the ultimate in training or teaching by the cream of the crop from their industry.
Experience gifts for tweens are a great way to give your child an experience they won’t forget.
Whether you’re looking for something that will help them learn new skills, explore their interests or get outside the house- there is sure to be an idea on this list!
Plus, a tween experience gift not only means a whole more family togetherness, it also means a whole lot less clutter in your life!
What are your favorite experience gifts for tweens? Share them in the comments section below.
Sign up on the form below to get weekly tips on simplifying and decluttering sent straight to your inbox. You’ll also get the free Simplifying the Holidays Planner to help you stay organized this holiday season.